Why are you called The Green Button Campaign?
We’re called this because green is often recognised as a colour of awareness for mental health issues, and buttons hold everything together. (The founder, Chaz, also does button art… but that’s unrelated!)
What is The Green Button Campaign?
- We are working with groups of bloggers from all niches to raise awareness for mental health issues, with a special focus on mental illness online, and less talked about mental illnesses such as personality disorders, psychosis, schizophrenia, etc.
- We’re working all the way up until Mental Health week in May, where we will be posting LOTS of content regarding mental health to this site, and each of our blogs.
- After Mental Health Week, we will continue to work to raise awareness for the aforementioned subjects.
- We will also be fundraising for a charity of our choice (To be determined).
Why should I get involved?
Did you know that:
– 4 million people have Borderline Personality Disorder in the USA alone?
– 70% Of those with BPD will attempt suicide at least once in their life.
– 71% of carers for people with mental illness have a mental or physical illness themselves.
– 75% of hospital admissions for personality disorders are for BPD/EUPD patients.
– 30 million Americans meet the criteria for one of the 9 personality disorders.
Keeping all this in mind, could you name all 9 personality disorders? Could you name symptoms of schizophrenia, psychosis, any of the personality disorders? Would you know what to do if a family member or friend had any of these things?